Where to Find Me, and Miscellaneous Ramblings from the Sleep Deprived

I’m jumping on the bandwagon, since I don’t want to risk losing touch with the great community we have here!  If BookLikes vanishes without warning, you can find me on Goodreads as -- surprise! -- YouKneeK. https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/25923230-youkneek

I consider BookLikes to be my primary site, and Goodreads is the only other place where I interact.  I’m also on LibraryThing with the same name, but I just echo reviews there.  If BookLikes does go away, I plan to sign up for at least one other site so I can connect with the people who don’t want to use Goodreads.  It looks like the ones I’m seeing mentioned most often are Wordpress and Leafmarks?

I’ve never tried either site.  A book-oriented site is more appealing to me, so I'd normally be most interested in Leafmarks, but some people have said the owners of that site have been largely absent.  I really don’t want to jump into another BookLikes-type situation where the status of the site is up-in-the-air.  I don’t know anything at all about Wordpress except that it’s a blogging platform… I think.  I mostly just want a place where it’s easy to post reviews and the occasional non-review post, and easy to follow people and see all their updates and posts in one place.  I also want to be able to find new people with similar interests easily.  Basically, what I want is BookLikes but with engaged and motivated owners. :)

Whenever I have more spare time, or if BookLikes disappears and I'm forced to make the time, I’ll investigate the other options for myself and make a decision.  This past week has been pretty busy.  I had been on vacation the week before, so I had a lot of work to catch up on this past week.  Today (Saturday) was spent doing family stuff which included lots of driving since my closest family is over two hours away.  Now I’m tired out and I just want to relax for the rest of the weekend.  At least it's a three-day weekend for me, so I still have two days left.  I haven't had much time to read the past few days so I really just want to sit out on the deck, enjoy the beautiful weather, and read.