Review: The Widow's House (The Dagger and the Coin Book 4 of 5)

The Widow's House - Daniel Abraham

It’s hard to believe there’s only one book left to go.  I’m still really enjoying the series and I look forward to seeing how everything is (hopefully) wrapped up in the final book.

We’ve been having some storms in my area and, about 15 minutes after I finished the fourth book, while I was catching up on new posts and getting ready to write this review, my internet service went down.  My first thought was, “Thank goodness I already downloaded the next book!”  My second thought was, “You buffoon, you could have just used your smartphone as a hot spot for a couple minutes.”  But still, you can see I have my priorities straight. :)

This book made me laugh or smile several times.  I wouldn’t at all call this a humorous series, but there are definitely humorous interactions between some of the characters and those types of things get more fun as my investment in the story and characters continues to grow.  There were also some events in this book that I really enjoyed.

There are a few more things I might like to say within spoiler tags, but there isn’t anything I’m especially dying to write about, so I’m just going to wait and see what happens in the final book and then put together my final thoughts on the series when I review that book.